We’re several days into the 2018, and for those of us who are planning to lose weight during this year I'll try to give a fresh start with DASH diet.
Every single year, the first month of the year brings new dose of optimism for change, for a healthier life, for a better you. And that’s a nice thing because anything is possible! - if YOU really wanted!
January is also time of the year when you can try something new, something different. If this is the case for you than you can try with DASH diet
What is DASH diet?
Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, or simply known as DASH, is create by National Institutes of Health to help Americans fighting with their blood pressure. As a side effect it turns out, it is may be good at reducing extra weight loss as well. It's becoming very popular last years and it's popularity is still growing fast today.
What differs DASH diet from the traditional weight loss diets is that is also a way of life. It's focusing not only of the nutrition but also another important points which will help you in your weight control.
This is a designed as long term diet, full balanced program of eating healthy foods.
You will need to change you way of thinking about food in way:
- whole grains
- lean protein
Common to other diets is that focus on fiber and protein. Also DASH is low in sugar and fat, especially the bad ones - in saturated fat and cholesterol. Highly processed foods are no recommended.
DASH Diet cons for weight loss
- Universal diet: Because this is not a personal diet, you won't get precise portions, quantities and best combination for you. You will need to work in order to find the working recipe for YOU. But this also has a good side - all the efforts will be paid later by giving you confidence and knowledge
- Social: You will need to seek for special meetings, social support, and check-ins because restaurant meals are extra salty, oversized and fatty. Alcohol is not allowed as well.
- Time for food preparation - because it can be difficult to find a good place to eat you will need to find time to plan and prepare food.
- Different goal: The primary goal of this diet is not weight loss. Weight loss is just a bonus if you follow this low calorie regime. If you want faster or more active weight loss this will not be your choice.
DASH Diet pros for weight loss
- Cost: free and accessible. The food cost and taste depends all on you.
- Health: You will enjoy lowering high blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Nutrition: Replacing empty calories and overly processed foods for healthy natural food.
- Designed by experts: Designed by experts and tested by thousands each year under monitoring of medical personal.