Are you a busy person? Do you feel tired at your working place? Do you feel pain the back while driving your car? If yes then you need to include some simple exercises in your daily routine. You can do them at home before leaving for work or even at work during a coffee break. You don't need a specific equipment - all you need is 5 10 minutes and a good will to start.
I use them as part of my warm up before fitness or karate. It longs 5 to 15 minutes depending on the training. In summer hot days 5 minutes are enough. During winter I prefer a longer time for each exercise. I can be done also as a simple 15 minutes training set with include of push ups, squats, crunches.
Do it regularly 3 to 5 days per week and you will amazed by the results:
- improved mobility of all joints
- no pain in the back
- better blood circulation
- free and focused mind
- better performance at work and in school.
Warm up upper body
head and neck - sit or stand upright. 5 to 10 times to each side. Slow, effortless and gentle movements. If you are sitting then the stretch is greater.
stretch your neck upper and lower(helping with arms very gentle, almost no effort)
stretch your neck left and right(helping with arms very gentle, almost no effort) - it's like touching shoulder with ear
stretch your neck left and right(helping with arms very gentle, almost no effort) - it's like touching shoulder with chin
stretch your neck left and right(without arm) - it's like touching shoulder with chin
stretch your neck front and back(without arm)
shoulder rotation. 10 rotation forward and 10 rotation backward
stretch your shoulder(with arm support) first left hand for 10 seconds and then the right one
rotate hands over the body. 10 rotation forward and 10 rotation backward
stretch your triceps(with arm support) first left hand for 10 seconds and then the right one
Mid and lower-trunk
- stretch your lower-trunk - place one hand on the knee and the other on the upside of the head. Left and right 10 second
- touch your foot with both hands - the back should be straight as much as possible. Left and right 10 second. Very slow transition from left to right
- Missing chair - someone stole your chair and you are still siting. Help with hands and stretch on left and right
- Sitting on the floor. Touch your foots as much as possible. Straight back and looking forward
- Bound Ankle Pose - Bring the soles of your feet together 15 20 seconds
- Stretch back by placing arms in front of you. 15 seconds is OK. You can stretch on left and the to right
You can do it with a friend or a colleague. He/she could help you or correct you if needed. This is for busy people that don't have enough time for sport. You can even do some of them without leaving your chair at work. After 3 months of regular stretching sessions I was able to greatly improve my mood and performance at work. Other colleagues notice the change and wanted to do a group to practice two days at work instead of lunch. All of them are happier and come to work with desire - especially in the stretching days.